Friday, September 26, 2008

Publix deals

Ok, so tonight I got so much stuff at Publix that I was embarrassing myself!! :) But hey, it was one of my most successful nights ever!!

4 toaster strdel $1 each (used .35 off coupons that double) final price: $.30 each
4 Grands biscuits $1 each (used .35 off two that double) final price: $.60 each
2 kraft singles $3 each
4 sara lee cheescake bites 1.99 each (used $1 off) final price: $1 each
4 Sarah lee poundcakes 1.99 each (used $1 off) final price: $1 each
3 Viola chik skillet meals $2.50 each (used $2 off ) final Price: $.50 each
8 arnolds bread (used rain check from last week) plus .50 coupons that double, final Price: $.40 each
organic milk 5.79 (used $2 off coupon)
cream cheese 1.50
4 kraft macaroni $1 each
3 nabisco toasted chips 1.65
dimetapp 2.25 (used .50 coupon that doubled) final price: 1.25
wheat thins 3.85 (used free wheat thins w/ 3 nabisco products) final price: Free
4 pillsbury cake mixes .85 (used .40 that doubled) final price: .05 each
4 boxes of ronzoni .89 (used $1 off) final price: MONEY MAKER!!
2 bullseye bbq sauce 1.69 each (used $1 off) final price: .69
2 A1 1.97 each (used $1 off) final price: .97 each
2 grits 1.29 each (used $1 off 2) final price: .79 each
8 campbells heathy harvest soup 1.20 each (used .50 off 2 that double) final price: .70 each
5 chinet crystal cups $1.25 each (used $1 off) final price: .25
9 chinet plates 3.10 each (used $1 off) final price: 2.10
Used 2 $1 off nabisco and cheese coupons
Then I used 2 $3 off $15 target pantryware
And $5 off $20 Walgreens
add in a few other misc things

OOP: 71.98
Saved: 168. 39!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you able to use Target & Walgreens coupons? Is it just your Publix that does this? And our Publix never doubles coupons that I know of... how do you find out what each Publix does? I wish mine would do all that. I'd save so much more money!!

Audrey B said...

I think that Publix in FL doesn't double coupons. I read that on HCW one time. You can call and ask though. And taking competitors coupons is a store by store thing. The Publix closeest to me will not take them, so I drive a little farther to one that will. The Target closest to us is a super target, so they are competitive with Publix. And I had never tried the Walgreens there before, so I was psyched that they took it.

Little bit said...

Great job! Doubling! Wow...I read with envy as I seem to have so much trouble using coupons at my publix. I am stressed out that I cringed whenever I heard their advertisement about 'shopping at Publix is a pleasure'!!I wish there is some clear guidelines & policy on what they take and what they do not. To me, it all depends on the mood of the cashier!! And I have to pay so much more than I planned on paper!

Anyone can help?iailoi

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to see (when we went to a different Publix that is just a little further than my regular one) that they have a sign that says "we gladly accept competitors' coupons!" I was so happy, but of course didn't have any competitor's coupons with me at the time... this week, i will be ready!